Search Issue Tracker
Error when stopping Play Mode and setting parent of a transform to null in OnDestroy method
How to reproduce:
1. Open user attached project "New Unity Project.zip"
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Exit Play Mode
5. Observe Console Window
Expected result: No errors
Actual result: Error is thrown
Reproducible with - 2017.4.26f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.0f1, 2019.1.1f1, 2019.2.0a13, 2019.3.0a1
Error in 2018.3, 2018.4 and 2019.2 : NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
NewBehaviourScript.OnDestroy () (at Assets/NewBehaviourScript.cs:10)
Error in 2017.4, 2019.1, and 2019.3: Can't destroy Transform component of 'Child'. If you want to destroy the game object, please call 'Destroy' on the game object instead. Destroying the transform component is not allowed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Cannot change the font size of Text Mesh to zero when using a non-dynamic font
- "No valid Unity Editor license found. Please contact your adminstrator." error thrown when opening 2019.3.0a12 project
- ping.DestroyPing does not work resulting in increasing ping delay
- The cursor is visible when using CursorLockMode.Locked in the standalone build
- Shadows in Scene view are displayed one level Higher than they are set under the Light Shadow settings in the Inspector window