Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.2.X
Error when changing format to "BC5" with TextureImporter and a pop-up for "Unapplied import settings" when deselecting texture
1. Open "TextureImportTest.zip" project
2. Click on "Damaged Painted Concrete_Normal" texture
3. Notice an error: "ArgumentException: Getting control 5's position in a group with only 5 controls when doing repaint"
4. Deselect the texture
5. Notice a pop-up "Unapplied import settings"
Expected Result: No errors due to using "BC5" format/ No pop-up for "Unapplied import settings" when settings have not been changed
Actual Result: Error when changing the format to "BC5" with TextureImporter and a pop-up for "Unapplied import settings" when deselecting texture
Fixed in: 2019.2.0a11
Reproduced with: 2019.2.0a3, 2019.1.0b1, 2018.3.3f1
Did not reproduce on: 2018.2.20f1, 2018.1.9f2, 2017.4.19f1, 2017.3.0a1
These errors appear only on 2018.3.0a1 - 2019.1.0a9
"ArgumentException: Getting control 5's position in a group with only 5 controls when doing repaint
"Unexpected top level layout group! Missing GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?"
Sep 17, 2019 16:58
I also get the same results as Jamesarndt, on Unity 2019.2.5f1
Aug 31, 2019 09:02
I have many textures in my project and i have begun noticing this to. Soon as i changed the Max Size in Override mode and click Apply it works but then when i click off the texture onto another one i get the unapplied texture dialog box with apply come up
Aug 05, 2019 02:45
I am still seeing an issue very similar to this in Unity 2019.2.0f1. Whenever I change any texture import setting and apply it then click off of the texture map, it pops up this message every time --> "Unapplied Import Settings".
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.2):
"BC5" is not a valid default format for a "NormalMap". "BC5" is a valid standalone value and should only be allowed inside a platform override and not in the default one.
New Error: "Selected texture format 'RG Compressed BC5' for platform 'DefaultTexturePlatform' is not valid with the current texture type 'NormalMap'. "