Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.3
Error 'use of unassigned variable' is thrown in console only when an unrelated "else" block is written
Monodevelop and visual studio detect an error, yet Unity ignores it.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open attached project
2. Open "ElseBug.cs" script
3. Comment out 22 line which has empty else block
Result: No error in console
Expected result: 'use of unassigned variable' error should be shown regardless the else block exist or not
Note: You can make error appear by uncommenting else block in 22 line
Reproduced on: 5.5.2p2, 5.6.0f2, 2017.1.0b7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection probe bounces don't work when Rendering Path is set to 'Deferred'
- Organizations are not displayed in the Services window
- Shader effect with specific view disappears when multiple materials in scene are present
- [Wild Crash] Editor crashes on mono_aot_get_cached_class_info when GizmoSetup has cached an outdated data
- [IMGUI] None,ScriptOnly and Full properties of stack trace are misaligned