Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.3.9f1, 2023.1.12f1, 2023.2.0b8, 2023.3.0a4
Error "NullReferenceException" is thrown when making a Prefab from a Camera that has another Camera in its Stack
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the “IN-23258” project
2. Open the “SampleScene” Scene (Assets → Scenes)
3. Select “Camera” GameObject in the Hierarchy
4. Add the “Camera (1)” GameObject to a Stack in the Inspector
5. Make “Camera” GameObject a Prefab (Drag it to the Assets folder)
6. Observe the Console
Expected result: One warning occurs.
Actual result: Many “NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object” errors are thrown.
Reproducible with: 2021.3.16f1, 2022.2.1f1, 2023.1.0a21
Could not test with: 2020.3.43f1 (Stack does not exist)
Reproduced on: macOS Ventura 13.0.1 Intel
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags