Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 13.2.X
Found in [Package]
Error in "UnityEditor.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDLightExplorer" after creating new scene when Light Explorer window is opened
Steps to repro:
1. Create the new HDRP project and scene;
2. Add empty gameobject;
3. In the Inspector click Add Component>Light;
4. In the context menu select Window>Rendering>Light Explorer;
5. In the context menu select File>New Scene and double-click on Empty;
6. Press Don't Save in the popup window.
Exception in NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEditor.Rendering.HighDefinition.HDLightExplorerExtension+<>c.<GetHDLightColumns>b__12_3 (UnityEngine.Rect r, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty prop, UnityEditor.SerializedProperty dep) (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/Lighting/HDLightExplorerExtension.cs:244) is shown.
See attached video.
Regression introduced in-between Versions 2021.1 and 2022.2.
No errors are shown after creating new scene.
- Reproducible in Version 2022.2.0a1, 2020.3.25f1;
- Not reproducible in Version 2020.3.25f1;
- Reproducible on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] Decal Projector with layer mask "nothing" doesn't affect transparent objects when Decal Layers are disabled in frame settings
- "MonoBehaviour.OnApplicationQuit" is still called when quitting is canceled by “Application.wantsToQuit“ returning false
- [2D SG/VFX] Surface options are not shown in Output Inspector when 2D Sprite SG is assigned to VFX
- Collisions are incorrectly registered when setting a joint motor every frame causes
- Terrain shadows flicker while moving the Camera in the Player when Terrain contains GPU instanced materials