Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.40f1, 2021.3.11f1, 2022.1.18f1, 2022.2.0b9, 2023.1.0a8
Error "'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine'" occurs in the Console when building a project
1. Open the attached project "ZSerializer.zip"
2. In File > Build Settings make sure that "ZSerializer/Samples/2 - Scene Groups/House/Scenes/Main Menu", "ZSerializer/Samples/2 - Scene Groups/House/Scenes/Bedroom", "ZSerializer/Samples/2 - Scene Groups/House/Scenes/Kitchen" Scenes are added in Scenes in Build
4. Observe the Console
Expected result: There are no errors, Build is successful
Actual result: Build fails with error: "The type or namespace name 'GamepadSpeakerOutputType' does not exist in the namespace 'UnityEngine' (are you missing an assembly reference?)"
Reproducible with: 2020.3.30f1, 2021.2.4f1, 2021.2.13f1, 2022.1.0b10, 2022.2.0a6
Could not test with: 2019.4.36f1 - Project breaks due to downgrade
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Editor Window not visualizing changes when selecting different Filter Modes
- Crash on UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset:InternalCreatePipeline () when opening a project
- The Texture Shape of an Image changes from 2D to a Cube when the project is upgraded to 2019 and above
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0