Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.0.0
Found in [Package]
ENABLE_INPUT_SYSTEM symbol is not being updated when the Input system is changed in Player settings
1) Open SampleScene in the attached project
2) See the debug message in the console. If it's not there, enter playmode.
3) In Player settings, change Active Input Handling to the new input system
Console will log that the new system is used
Console will say that the Old system is still being used.
This happens because Unity doesnt recompile after the setting is changed. To be sure of this you can add a space in Packages->Core RP Library->Editor Unity.RenderPipelines.Core.Editor and hit save. It will recompile and the debug will now correctly show what input system is used.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Nov 14, 2020 22:24
This exact issue still exists in 2020.1.12 and 2020.1.13
What's even worse is that neither ENABLE_INPUT_SYSTEM or the ENABLE_LEGACY_INPUT_MANAGER directive work.
They're both unrecognized as we've switched from the old input to the new one