Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X, 2019.3.X
Editor window is black when TimeZoneKeyName is invalid
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Registry Editor
2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\TimeZoneInformation
3. Change timeZoneKeyName to invalid zone name e.g.1
4. Restart PC
5. Create a new project
Results: Editor window doesn't properly loads. The editor window is black.
Reproduced with: 2019.3.0a9, 2019.2.0b10, 2019.1.11f1, 2018.4.4f1
Not reproducible with: 2017.4.30f1
The same issue can be reproduced when HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones is missing
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.3):
Fixed bug where editor would fail to load correctly when an invalid or missing timezone was set in the windows registry.