Search Issue Tracker
Editor sometimes doesn't detect Prefab changes when project is updated via SVN
How to reproduce:
1. Contact me for the project, or setup SVN on a project with Prefabs and Settings
2. On computer one, make a change to a Prefab and commit it
3. On computer 2 update the project via Tortoise SVN and receive the updated Prefab
4. Outside of Unity open the Prefab in a text editor to confirm the changes have been sent properly
5. Also confirm the timestamp of the file has changed to show its been modified
6. Inside Unity, notice that the Prefab has not updated
7 .Hitting Ctrl+R to for a refresh, makes no difference
8. Right clicking the Prefab and re-importing makes no difference
Reproducible with: 2017.4.26f1
Not reproducible with: 2018.3.13f1, 2019.1.0f2, 2019.2.0a12
Actual results: Unity is caching the file change and not detecting that the original file has changed.
Expected results: Unity should detect file changes
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [VFX Graph] Bounds padding not working
- Page is missing when looking up documentation for the Custom Function module when it is renamed
- "Shading Mode” isn't set to “Shaded” when pressing a shortcut set for the “Scene View -> Render Mode/Shaded"
- “+” and “-” buttons can't be pressed because the text field of the first array element is being focused in the Tile Palette window
- HasProperty misleadingly returns true when no "_ST"-named property exists in Shader file