Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
Editor/Player freeze and Crash with error message "d3d11: failed to create buffer" after moving canvas
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download and open the attached project
2. Enter Playmode
3. Press "Play offline --> Tutorial"
4. Continue with the panels until the 11th one starting "Europe is divided into two subregions."
Result: freeze leading to a crash
Reproduced 2017.1.2f1, 2017.2.0f3, 2017.3.0b4 on DirectX 11 and OpenGL
Not reproduced on 5.6.3p4* and on any version on DirectX 9
Regression introduced in 2017.1
*-The bug was originally submitted as a dissapearance of UI elements. That appears to not happen, but instead the freeze happens right after
Verified FIXED 5.6.5f1, 2017.2.0p4, 2017.1.2p4, 2017.3.0f3, 2018.1.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Absolute paths from included packages cannot be converted to virtual paths in Assets/Packages
- Crash in VCProvider when upgrading project from 18.3 to 19.1 and 19.2
- Android Vulkan corrupted rendering when there is no camera in the scene
- Creating mesh assets produces broken blendshapes
- Sort Order is not respected for a newly created Canvas until Play Mode is entered or any adjustments are made