Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
[Editor][Regression] 'String too long for TextMeshGenerator' is thrown after opening 'About Unity' popup window
Steps to repro:
1. Open Unity 5.4.0b25;
2. Create new project or open existing one;
3. Choose Help -> About Unity;
4. Observe the Console.
'String too long for TextMeshGenerator. Cutting off characters.
error is displayed in the console (see attached actual.png screenshot).
Regression introduced in 5.4.0b25.
Possible reason for this bug is that string with Unity employees is currently overflowing allowed string size within this current popup window.
The error should not be displayed after opening 'About Unity' page.
- Reproducible in 5.4.0b25;
- Not reproducible in 5.4.0b24, 5.3.5p1;
- Reproducible on both Windows 10 and OSX 10.11.5;
- The bug may also reproduce when opening existing project or saving scene/project - in this case error is triggered randomly.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- On Script import/reimport MonoImporter does not generate consistent results due to updating Custom packages
- [Entities Graphics] Size of the Content Update generated folder increases when changes are made to the Scene
- In Play Mode, an extra Sync Call is made every frame when a GameObject has a Rigidbody 2D component
- Crash on block_remove when a scene is opened in a specific project
- The GameObject with a Hinge Joint Component does not return to the initial position when the Use Motor property is toggled off