Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
Editor performance loss when selecting an object in the Select Object window
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached project "1285432.zip"
2. In the Hierarchy select "Test"
3. Navigate to the Inspector window
4. In "Add To Stash" click on the element list and choose a new object (click on the circle with a dot in the center)
5. Scroll down the Select Object list (with the mouse scroll or the attached scroll bar)
Expected result: The Select Object list works smoothly
Actual result: The Select Object list is severely slow freezing up for a couple of seconds with each click or scroll
Reproducible with: 2019.3.0b2, 2019.4.12f1, 2020.1.9f1, 2020.2.0b6, 2021.1.0b2
Not reproducible with: 2018.4.28f1, 2019.2.21f1
Could not test with: versions between 2019.3.0a1 and 2019.3.0b2 due to the Editor crashing with a new or existing project
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Resizing Profiler Module Details panel and releasing mouse button outside Unity doesn't cancel resize
- "Auto-hide gizmos" preference is not saved when reopening the project
- Sampling a custom depth texture on a machine with a GTX 1080 makes object's textures display the wrong color when in Play mode or Player
- Terrain is missing the Hidden/TerrainEngine/Details/WavingDoublePass shader when AssetBundles are built in older Unity Versions
- [Android] URP Project crashes when built on a device with PowerVR Rogue GE8320 GPU