Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.3.X
Editor performance drops when a Game Object with a Custom Editor has its element expanded
1. Open the attached project: "1408562.zip"
2. In the Project window go to Assets > MackySoft > MackySoft.SerializeReferenceExtensions > Example
3. Open "Example" Scene
4. In the Profiler window, set Target Selection to Editor and Record profiling information
5. Select the "Example" Game Object in the Hierarchy window
6. In the Inspector window under "Commands" expand "Element 0"
7. Observe the Profiler
Expected result: Expanding elements within the Inspector window should not reduce performance
Actual result: Performance drops after expanding the elements
Reproducible with: 2020.2.0b3, 2020.3.30f1
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.37f1, 2020.2.0b2, 2020.3.31f1, 2020.3.33f1, 2021.2.19f1, 2021.3.1f1, 2022.1.0b15, 2022.2.0a9
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Dropdown menu covers the button when there is no space for it from below
- WebCamDevice only returns one rear-facing camera when built on Android
- Reimporting a Scripted Importer Asset when Profiler is recording will make it null
- Created Import Issue Asset doesn't show up in the Project window until the Unity Editor is restarted
- [Android] Application name with an ampersand is removed and replaced with an underscore in 2021 LTS and up