Search Issue Tracker
Editor crashes when adding a new script to a game object via "Add component"
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open any project
2. Create a new GameObject in the Hierarchy window (GameObject > Create Empty)
3. Select the new GameObject and press "Add Component" in the Inspector window
4. Select "New script"
5. Name the script
6. Wait until domain reload finishes
Expected result: A new script is added attached to the game object
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2022.2.0a3, 2022.2.0a5
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.36f1, 2020.3.29f1, 2021.2.12f1, 2022.1.0b8, 2022.2.0a2
0x00007ff652ae83b5 (Unity) scripting_class_get_parent
0x00007ff652b46e41 (Unity) BuildSerializationCommandQueueFor
0x00007ff652aa9cb2 (Unity) TransferScriptingObject<StreamedBinaryWrite>
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Prefab's scripts are constantly reloaded when trying to enter multiple digits or characters into public fields on custom scripts consecutively
- [Linux] Progress modal window stays on top of every other window and cannot be moved
- Crash on mono_g_hash_table_find_slot when entering Play Mode
- [iOS] Crash when pressing "Done" on the keyboard layout
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets