Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2019.1
Editor crashes on GetComponentsInChildren<Entity> method
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open user's attached project "ShitGame.zip"
2. Play the scene "Level0"
3. Complete the level by reaching the doorway. (You can also do that just by dragging the player object to the end of the level's doorway object. "Attached picture")
-- watch the crash occur
Reproducible with: 2018.2.16f1, 2018.3.0b9, 2019.1.0a8
Couldn't reproduce due to errors in: 2018.1.9f2
First three lines of the stack trace:
0x0000000140BE4054 (Unity) GetComponentsImplementationRecurse<0,0,2>
0x0000000140BE40D4 (Unity) GetComponentsImplementationRecurse<0,0,2>
0x0000000140BE4C05 (Unity) GetComponentsOfTypeFromGameObject<0,0>
Note: The lines which cause the problem seem to be is in "GameController" script L32~35
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Timeline animation asset won't update
- [LWRP] VFX Graph projects have visual artifacts when viewed with certain mobile GPUs
- Particle System with custom simulation space jitters when moved/rotated in Late Update
- Preview Window in the Inspector shows the same Preview image when multiple Terrain layers are selected
- Unity 2018.3 update prompts "Click the Download Installer button" while the update button is named "Download new version"