Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Editor crashes on GetComponentsInChildren<Entity> method
How to reproduce:
1. Download and open user's attached project "ShitGame.zip"
2. Play the scene "Level0"
3. Complete the level by reaching the doorway. (You can also do that just by dragging the player object to the end of the level's doorway object. "Attached picture")
-- watch the crash occur
Reproducible with: 2018.2.16f1, 2018.3.0b9, 2019.1.0a8
Couldn't reproduce due to errors in: 2018.1.9f2
First three lines of the stack trace:
0x0000000140BE4054 (Unity) GetComponentsImplementationRecurse<0,0,2>
0x0000000140BE40D4 (Unity) GetComponentsImplementationRecurse<0,0,2>
0x0000000140BE4C05 (Unity) GetComponentsOfTypeFromGameObject<0,0>
Note: The lines which cause the problem seem to be is in "GameController" script L32~35
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Button highlight state disabled when hovering cursor over smaller sized child UI objects
- "Unity has stopped working" window is skipped when the Editor crashes
- The "Properties..." shortcut does not open the Focused Inspector window when the new GameObject is created
- Editor crashes when using WebCamTexture
- [URP] ShaderKeywords '_MAIN_LIGHT_SHADOWS' and '_ADDITIONAL_LIGHT_SHADOWS' are always enabled in the Editor