Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2019.4.X, 2020.2.X
Editor crashes on CompressedMesh::Compress when using VertexAttributeFormat.Float16 and Mesh compression is enabled
1. Open the attached "MeshCompressionCrash.zip" project
2. Right-click on the "face.fbx" in the Project window to open the context menu
3. Select Reimport
-- Observe the crash
Reproducible with: 2019.4.7f1, 2020.1.1f1, 2020.2.0a20
Could not test with 2018.4 due to multiple compilation errors
Note: two asserts are failing before the crash occurs:
1) Assertion failed on expression: 'chantype.format == kVertexFormatFloat'
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Graphics/Mesh/CompressedMesh.cpp Line: 370)
2) Assertion failed on expression: 'chanType.dimension == 0'
(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Graphics/Mesh/Mesh.h Line: 140)
Top 5 lines of the stack trace:
0x00007FF785E11660 (Unity) CompressedMesh::Compress
0x00007FF785DC476D (Unity) Mesh::Transfer<StreamedBinaryWrite>
0x00007FF784C3922B (Unity) SerializedFile::WriteObject
0x00007FF784C034C9 (Unity) PersistentManager::WriteFile
0x00007FF784C04374 (Unity) PersistentManager::WriteFile
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lists auto expand when scrolling down in the Inspector Window
- Graphics.CopyTexture does not work with Texture2DArray when "Texture Quality" is not "Full Res"
- Unity Download Assistant uses the last install path
- Keycodes Less and Greater are not being registered when using GetKeyDown
- GameObjects in the Scene are not selectable when using "w" after painting with Tile Pallete