Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[DX12] Editor crashes when creating a RenderTexture with RenderTexture.antiAliasing value higher than supported by hardware
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1310791 repro" project
2. Click the "Crash Unity" menu item from "Bug repro" > "Crash Unity"
Expected results: the Editor throws a warning that the anti-aliasing was changed to a supported value and doesn't crash
Actual results: the Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1,2 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.5f1, 2021.1.0b6, 2021.2.0a4
-This issue reproduces with DirectX12 and doesn't reproduce with DirectX11, Vulkan, OpenGLCore, OpenGLES2, and OpenGLES3 graphics APIs
-The RenderTextureFormat parameter doesn't seem to matter whether the Editor will crash or not
-The anti-aliasing value that causes the crash seems to be hardware dependent
-On 2018.4.31f the Editor doesn't crash but freezes with infinite "d3d12: swapchain present failed (887a0005)" messages being logged
-When using DirectX11 instead of crashing a warning message is thrown stating:
"RenderTexture's anti-aliasing changed from 6 to 4 due hardware limitations."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Realtime direct lighting is missing on dynamic objects under when using Shadowmask or Subtractive lighting mode(s)
- [Device Simulator] When simulator window is narrow, toolbar controls deform and some become inacessible
- Missing Lights when using Enlighten Realtime GI in HDRP
- .NETStandard 2.1 in the editor is missing System.Memory, System.Buffers at runtime
- [iOS] Multi Line Mobile Input Fields show transparent background when Dark Mode is enabled and no text is in the field