Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[DX12] Editor crashes when creating a RenderTexture with RenderTexture.antiAliasing value higher than supported by hardware
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1310791 repro" project
2. Click the "Crash Unity" menu item from "Bug repro" > "Crash Unity"
Expected results: the Editor throws a warning that the anti-aliasing was changed to a supported value and doesn't crash
Actual results: the Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1,2 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.5f1, 2021.1.0b6, 2021.2.0a4
-This issue reproduces with DirectX12 and doesn't reproduce with DirectX11, Vulkan, OpenGLCore, OpenGLES2, and OpenGLES3 graphics APIs
-The RenderTextureFormat parameter doesn't seem to matter whether the Editor will crash or not
-The anti-aliasing value that causes the crash seems to be hardware dependent
-On 2018.4.31f the Editor doesn't crash but freezes with infinite "d3d12: swapchain present failed (887a0005)" messages being logged
-When using DirectX11 instead of crashing a warning message is thrown stating:
"RenderTexture's anti-aliasing changed from 6 to 4 due hardware limitations."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- Errors appear when entering Play Mode if using AsDeferredJobArray()
- Animator with nested avatar root show missing properties in the Animation Window
- TerrainData.AwakeFromLoad takes around 13-19 ms after loading a Terrain from an asset bundle
- System.Threading.Task tasks cause stall when used in WebGL