Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[DX12] Editor crashes when creating a RenderTexture with RenderTexture.antiAliasing value higher than supported by hardware
How to reproduce:
1. Open the attached "1310791 repro" project
2. Click the "Crash Unity" menu item from "Bug repro" > "Crash Unity"
Expected results: the Editor throws a warning that the anti-aliasing was changed to a supported value and doesn't crash
Actual results: the Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2018.4.31f1,2 2019.4.20f1, 2020.2.5f1, 2021.1.0b6, 2021.2.0a4
-This issue reproduces with DirectX12 and doesn't reproduce with DirectX11, Vulkan, OpenGLCore, OpenGLES2, and OpenGLES3 graphics APIs
-The RenderTextureFormat parameter doesn't seem to matter whether the Editor will crash or not
-The anti-aliasing value that causes the crash seems to be hardware dependent
-On 2018.4.31f the Editor doesn't crash but freezes with infinite "d3d12: swapchain present failed (887a0005)" messages being logged
-When using DirectX11 instead of crashing a warning message is thrown stating:
"RenderTexture's anti-aliasing changed from 6 to 4 due hardware limitations."
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Crash on ScriptingGCHandle::Acquire when calling RequestUserAuthorization without using yield for pending authorization
- Particle is not visible in RenderTexture when Renderer's material is set to Default-Particle and Camera's BG Alpha is set 0
- [Physics] Character Joint jumps around when following Kinetic Rigidbody
- [macOS] There is no way to tell if you are running under Rosetta
- [AssetImport] Changing Graphics APIs in Android platform reimports most of the assets (textures, fonts, ...)