Search Issue Tracker
Downloading Collab project has Hub warn about version not matching 5.0
1. What happened
When downloading a Collab project from the Hub, regardless of if the Editor version used to download it is the same or different than the project used, we get an "Opening Project in Non-Matching Editor Installation" message. It claims that the Saved Project used a version of Unity that was before 5.0, when that isn't the case.
2. How we can reproduce it using the example you attached
a) Open the attached project in any version of Unity past 2017.4.
b) Enable Collaborate and publish this project using the Collab Toolbar.
c) Delete the project from your machine, then redownload it from the Hub.
Expected: If the version of Unity matches that of the project then there should be no Editor Mismatch error. If the versions are different, then the Saved Project field should be accurate to the version of Unity that was used to publish the project and not say it was before 5.0.
Actual: See attached EditorMismatch.png screenshot.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Shader error db grows on each build
- Android ARCore build fails with 2019.4 due to outdated Gradle
- [tvOS] Visual artifacts are present when Ambient Occlusion is enabled and Dynamic Resolution is reduced
- Texture Importer Inspector throws errors when a built-in texture inspector is overwritten in C#
- Invalid AABB error is thrown when moving a Particle with Velocity over Lifetime and Limit Velocity over Lifetime modules