Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Fixed in 2018.2.X
[.NET 4.x][IL2CPP] MultiCastDelegate is leaking memory in Built projects
1. Download attached project "LeakTestCase.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "SampleScene" scene
3. Set Scripting Runtime Version to ".NET 4.6 or .NET 4.x"
4. Set Scripting Backend to "Mono"
5. Build & Run on any platform
6. Observe that the onscreen memory usages stay fixed
7. Set Scripting Backend to "IL2CPP"
8. Build & Run on any platform
Expected results: Like in Mono, the onscreen memory usages stays fixed
Actual results: There is a memory leak in "foo += handler; foo -= handler;" because the memory counter keeps climbing
- This issue appears on both Windows and OSX
- This issue reproduces on Android, iOS, and Standalone
- On .NET 3.5 everything works as expected no matter which Scripting Backend is set
Reproduced on Unity 2017.2.3p3, 2017.3.2f1, 2017.4.8f1, 2018.1.9f1, 2018.2.2f1 and 2018.3.0a7
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Android] TouchScreenKeyboard.active triggers an error when set to false in the Player
- [Android] Auto-correct suggestions show up over the "hidden zone" when typing text with TouchScreenKeyboard
- [Android] Clicks on the "hidden zone" remain blocked when TouchScreenKeyboard is active
- [URP][DX12] Black Game View window when URP Dynamic Resolution is enabled
- VideoPlayer.Time is not updated when seeking is completed
Sep 05, 2018 17:26
It is not fixed in 2017.4.6, only 2018.2.5 and higher
Sep 05, 2018 15:46
Could you also test this on Nintendo Switch platform? I found memory usage going up when call foo -= handler. It's 2017.4.6f1 with .NET 3.5, Nintendo Switch SDK 5.4.0.