Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[.NET 4.6] Editor crashes scripting_icall_string_to_utf8 when deleting Unicode character
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.6 Equivalent (Project Setting -> Player -> Other Settings)
3. Create a new Canvas and add a new Text GameObject as its child
4. Paste "??" into the Text Component text field
5. With back space deleted it.
Results: Unity crashes when Unicode character is deleted
Note: Doesn't reproduce when using .NET 3.5. Editor crashes just with those characters which code contains 5 symbols (U+1F5D8).
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a3, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.1.0p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP] Add to list button gives empty list when trying to add features to the Forward Renderer
- In the Editor terrain is not rendered correctly when "Draw Instanced" on custom shader is enabled
- There is a refresh prompt even when there are no new Cloud projects available when Unity Hub is opened
- EditorSceneManager.sceneOpened and EditorSceneManager.sceneOpening events are not called when the scene is reloaded
- [IL2CPP] Fails to generate generic method struct variant when calling itself and causing ExecutionEngineException