Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2018.1
[.NET 4.6] Editor crashes scripting_icall_string_to_utf8 when deleting Unicode character
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.6 Equivalent (Project Setting -> Player -> Other Settings)
3. Create a new Canvas and add a new Text GameObject as its child
4. Paste "??" into the Text Component text field
5. With back space deleted it.
Results: Unity crashes when Unicode character is deleted
Note: Doesn't reproduce when using .NET 3.5. Editor crashes just with those characters which code contains 5 symbols (U+1F5D8).
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a3, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.1.0p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- LWRP is leaking resources when building Unity.Physics project to device
- Prefab instance with a script that automatically sets the parent of it creates a duplicate of itself after exiting Prefab mode
- Unity Ads Package conflict with Moq framework
- Particle system trails sprites modifies unexpectedly when Texture Sheet Animation is enabled
- UWP player fails to play WebCamTexture when using specific webcam