Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1
[.NET 4.6] Editor crashes scripting_icall_string_to_utf8 when deleting Unicode character
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.6 Equivalent (Project Setting -> Player -> Other Settings)
3. Create a new Canvas and add a new Text GameObject as its child
4. Paste "??" into the Text Component text field
5. With back space deleted it.
Results: Unity crashes when Unicode character is deleted
Note: Doesn't reproduce when using .NET 3.5. Editor crashes just with those characters which code contains 5 symbols (U+1F5D8).
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a3, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.1.0p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [UI] Unwanted padding is added when maximizing editor windows
- [UI] Area Error tooltip is missing in the Mesh Importer settings
- UIElementsScrollView.ScrollTo() scrolls to the top of the ScrollView when a child of a child of the Scroll View is passed
- Only one of the tracks are affected when selecting multiple Animations tracks and Trying to convert them to Clip/Infinite Track
- Unresponsive front facing UI fields with specific rotations when using World Space canvas with Ignore Reversed Graphics enabled