Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
[.NET 4.6] Editor crashes scripting_icall_string_to_utf8 when deleting Unicode character
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.6 Equivalent (Project Setting -> Player -> Other Settings)
3. Create a new Canvas and add a new Text GameObject as its child
4. Paste Unicode character into the Text Component text field
5. With back space deleted it.
Results: Unity crashes when Unicode character is deleted
Note: Doesn't reproduce when using .NET 3.5. Editor crashes just with those characters which code contains 5 symbols (U+1F5D8).
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a3, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.1.0p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [URP] Gizmos position and scale incorrectly when changing camera rect
- Folder name is truncated when dot is used in the name
- Reorderable List elements cannot be edited when using Custom Editors and Serialized Objects
- VideoPlayer does not play video when device is using Android 6.0.1
- Mesh.GetIndexBuffer() requires Mesh's 'Read/Write' flag to be enabled to get its index buffer data in Builds