Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
[.NET 4.6] Editor crashes scripting_icall_string_to_utf8 when deleting Unicode character
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Change the Scripting Runtime Version to .NET 4.6 Equivalent (Project Setting -> Player -> Other Settings)
3. Create a new Canvas and add a new Text GameObject as its child
4. Paste Unicode character into the Text Component text field
5. With back space deleted it.
Results: Unity crashes when Unicode character is deleted
Note: Doesn't reproduce when using .NET 3.5. Editor crashes just with those characters which code contains 5 symbols (U+1F5D8).
Reproduced with: 2017.3.0a3, 2017.2.0b6, 2017.1.0p3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used