Search Issue Tracker
DLL Placeholder values cannot be found when DLL is in a local package
How to reproduce:
1. Download and extract the "1105403_repro.zip" archive
2. Open the "1105403_project"
3. Observe the errors in the Console window
4. In the Project window, select Packages/Holo<...> FileServer/Assemblies/AOT/Newtonsoft.Json
5. In the Inspector, observe that the Placeholder value
Expected result: Placeholder values are found and are non-empty; no "Failed to find placeholder" errors in the Console.
Actual result: Placeholder values are empty; "Failed to find placeholder" errors thrown in the Console.
Reproducible with - 2018.2.20f1, 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.5f1, 2019.1.0b3, 2019.2.0a5
Not tested on 2017.4, since Packages folder (in Project window) was not yet introduced.
Failed to find a placeholder ('Assets/JsonDotNet/Assemblies/Standalone/Newtonsoft.Json.dll') for 'Packages/com.<...>/Assemblies/AOT/Newtonsoft.Json.dll', ensure it exists, or change plugin settings for 'Packages/com.com.<...>/Assemblies/AOT/Newtonsoft.Json.dll' accordingly.
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:GetPrecompiledAssemblies(Boolean, BuildTargetGroup, BuildTarget)
UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:GetMonoIslandsForPlayer() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/InternalEditorUtility.cs:390)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LWRP][ARKit] Camera feed is not seen when using LWRP on iOS devices
- One Input axis does not work after using Input.ResetInputAxes() while both axes are held down
- [UWP] Build fails when the project folder name has non-ascii character.
- Prefab Asset changes are not reflected inside Prefab Editor when Unity Editor is in the Play Mode
- [Audio] DSP Buffer Size sets to Best performance when pressing trying to set to default