Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.2.X
Unity Editor crashes in dispatch_release when running Tests in Batch Mode
When changing the path of an Assembly Definition that is referenced by another Assembly Definition without opening Unity, and running Tests in Batch Mode, Unity Crashes
1. Download attached "TestCrash.zip" project and extract it
2. Open TestCrash folder and change the Unity Path in the repo.sh script with the path where is Unity located on the Machine
3. Run repro.sh in the project root
4. Wait until Tests finishes
Expected results: The Project is compiled and the Tests are executed
Actual results: Unity crashes after logging "Scripts had compilation errors"
- The repro.sh script does the following:
Runs Play mode Tests, which causes the Library to be Built
Renames the "Dependency" folder in Assets by "DependencyRenamed"
Runs Play mode Tests again, which crashes
- Editor.log and Crash details are shared in the Comments section
- It seems that this issue is fixed on Unity 2019.3.0a4_7368acd360f4
Reproduced on Unity 2018.3.0a1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.4f1, 2019.1.11f1, 2019.2.0b10 and 2019.3.0a3
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.2.21f1, 2019.3.0a4 and 2019.3.0a10
Regression on Unity 2018.3.0a1
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Editor directs to non-existent page when pressing "Learn more..." for Asset Pipeline
- ChangeSets are not detected when created via Editor Scripts
- "Cyclic Prefab nesting not supported" error window is thrown when trying to nest two sibling prefab variants
- BuildPipeline error is thrown when building Asset Bundles
- "IndexOutOfRangeException" errors appear when entering Play Mode if using "AsDeferredJobArray"