Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 5.6.0
DepthTexture is renderred regardless of whether ScreenSpace Shadow is enabled or disabled
Steps to reproduce a bug:
1. Open the attached project (TestShadow.zip)
2. Open the test.unity scene.
3. Enter the play mode of the game.
4. Open the Frame Debugger window.
5. Enable Frame Debugging.
6. Observe that the Depth Texture is renderred.
Expected results: The Depth Texture is not renderred because the Screen space shadows are disabled in the Graphics menu.
Actual results: The Depth Texture is renderred regardless.
Reproduced with: 5.4.1f1, 5.5.0b8 versions.
Not reproduced on the older version than 5.4, because Screen space shadows firstly appeared only on this version of Unity.
The depth renderring disappears if you set the shadows of the directional light to No Shadows, but the user needs them to be enabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Unity crash in SerializedFile::ReadMetadata<false> when AssetBundle. LoadFromMemory() is called
- ProceduralMaterial.ClearCache() on "Do Nothing" Substance triggers RebuildTextures
- Setting "Default Behavior Mode" to "2D" breaks HDR rendering
- Crash in GdipCreateBitmapFromStream when calling System.Drawing.Bitmap constructor
- DLL files are not excluded during building for standalone platform, even though they are selected to be excluded