Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.6.0
DepthTexture is renderred regardless of whether ScreenSpace Shadow is enabled or disabled
Steps to reproduce a bug:
1. Open the attached project (TestShadow.zip)
2. Open the test.unity scene.
3. Enter the play mode of the game.
4. Open the Frame Debugger window.
5. Enable Frame Debugging.
6. Observe that the Depth Texture is renderred.
Expected results: The Depth Texture is not renderred because the Screen space shadows are disabled in the Graphics menu.
Actual results: The Depth Texture is renderred regardless.
Reproduced with: 5.4.1f1, 5.5.0b8 versions.
Not reproduced on the older version than 5.4, because Screen space shadows firstly appeared only on this version of Unity.
The depth renderring disappears if you set the shadows of the directional light to No Shadows, but the user needs them to be enabled.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sahder errors in Player when "Strict shader variant matching" is enabled and the rendering path is set to "Deferred"
- NullReferenceExceptions are being thrown when saving a ScriptableObject with an array of a type with a CustomPropertyDrawer that uses TrackPropertyValue
- Applied velocity is inconsistent when using Rigidbody AddForce() with ForceMode.VelocityChange
- Crash on AudioUtil_CUSTOM_HasAudioCallback when exiting Play Mode while the Inspector is displaying a GameObject with an empty script attached
- Scroll offset is framerate-dependent when scrolling with velocity in the Device Simulator