Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1.X
Fixed in 2019.3.X
[Deployment Management] Editor crashes on creating a build with custom Icon.
Editor crashes on creating a build when default Icon is assigned.
Steps to repro:
1. Open the attached project.
2. File > Build Settings > Player Settings.
3. Assign Default Icon to "Jeep"
4. Select PC standalone platform > Build And Run.
Editor crashes on creating a build.
Build should be created with default Icon.
Working Fine in:
Only on Windows.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The terrain appears darker when "Per-pixel Normal" is enabled
- [Linux] Editor assertion causes Test Runner to fail when executing it in Batch Mode
- Color selection by the mouse cursor is still enabled when the "Esc" button is pressed
- Game view becomes black and the Scene window becomes grey, “ArgumentOutOfRangeException” errors and “Render Pipeline error” warnings appear after changing the name or deleting URP/HDRP global settings file
- Transform Component is not accessible inside the Player when RuntimeInitializeOnLoadMethod is used
Oct 31, 2019 20:13
"Fix" for this would be to not use a custom "icon" for your game in Player settings. Remove your custom icon and then rebuild. It should work fine afterwards.
Oct 16, 2019 08:25
It is fixed in 2020.1.0a9 and 2019.3.0b8.
Oct 10, 2019 16:44
I still experienced this issue after building on Windows for Windows 64-bit in Unity 2020.1.0a8
Oct 03, 2019 04:50
OMG.. this is really bad!
Sep 30, 2019 18:23
This is Bad... I cannot generate any Standalone Build. The editor crashes. I think that this is the cause.
Is there some workaround?
Sep 24, 2019 14:13
If it doesn't crash, then the exe will be corrupted, with a malformed manifestxml inside of the exe.