Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3.X
Fixed in 2017.4.X
[D3D11] Camera render target not being removed when set to null in batch mode
When executing the editor in batch mode having assigned a render texture to a camera as it's target setting that target to null does not unbind the texture set, preventing it from being used as an input in a later compute shader stage.
( Issue identified during investigation of https://fogbugz.unity3d.com/f/cases/1139556/ )
Steps to reproduce:
1. Download attached project
2. Open the project and comment the BakePVSScene.cs line 68 - "camera.targetTexture = renderTex2;"
3. Select int toolbar NewBorn -> BakeScene
4. Open "bake_static_pvs.log" in the project folder
5. Launch project in batch mode with "-quit -batchmode -executeMethod MoreFun.BakePVSSceneEditor.BakeSceneConfig" command
Expected results: ComputeBuffer return results in batch mode
Actual results: ComputeBuffer doesn't return results in batch mode
Reproduced in: 2019.2.0a11, 2018.3.12f1, 2017.4.25f1
If the baking script (BakePVSScene.cs) is modified so that line 68 after the call to camera.render() is uncommented, assigning a 2nd render texture to the camera, then the results are present as expected in the output text file.
Issue only presents in D3D11 mode; D3D11 debug runtime complains that a texture is bound for output already and thus will not bind it for input.
OpenGL functions fine.
D3D12 functions fine.
Mac in OpenGL mode works fine.
Metal is unknown at this time.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- PlayerLoop.SetPlayerLoop() function is ignored when playing game in Player
- Lighting data is carried over from one Scene to another when changing Scenes in the Play Mode
- The <sprite> tag inserted image from a Sprite Asset into the UI Builder Button disappears when the Inlined Style Text Shadow Horizontal or Vertical Offset is set to be more than 0 px
- Build fails when building with ILCPP Scripting Backend and ARMv7 as the Target Architecture
- Textures turn black in Player when they are referenced by a script instance