Search Issue Tracker
Postponed means that the issue was either a feature request or something that requires major refactoring on our side. Since that makes the issue not actionable in the close future we choose to close it as Postponed and add it on our internal roadmaps and technical debt pages instead.
Custom NavMesh Agent Type causes an error "Failed to create agent" in the Console
1. Open the attached project "BugReport_NavMesh_FailedToCreateAgent.zip";
2. Open Scene.unity;
3. Select "My Agent" in Hierarchy and notice its "Agent Type" is "Humanoid";
4. Bake the navmesh and enter a play mode;
5. Click somewhere on the screen - observe the agent moves around;
6. Stop the play mode and change "Agent Type" to "Robot";
7. Press play and click somewhere on the screen.
Actual results: The agent does not move but outputs an to the Console window:
"Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh"
Expected results: Custom Navmesh Agent Type should be working as well as the default.
Reproduced on: 5.6.2p4, 2017.1.0p2, 2017.2.0b5, 2017.3.0a2.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- OnApplicationPause pauseStatus is incorrect after losing focus on macOS
- Animator Blend Tree weight defaults to 0 for a frame when AnimationClipPlayable is created with script in Play Mode
- Memory gets allocated for GC each frame when using PrefabStageUtility.GetPrefabStage
- Light brightness gets intense until the 'Lightmap Encoding' quality is changed when baking Lightmap
- [Preset] Some properties cannot be excluded from Texture Importer Preset through the Inspector window