Search Issue Tracker
Custom Inspector Tooltips don't work with UnityEvent fields and no error is shown in script
1. Create a new project
2. Add the attached script EventsWithoutTooltips.cs to any game object
3. Hover over Example Event field name
Expected: tool tip shows up OR there is a warning in script that [Tooltip] is not usable with UnityEvent fields
Actual: tooltip doesn't show up, no errors
Reproduced on: 5.4.5p2, 5.5.1f1, 5.6.1p2, 2017.1.0b9, 2017.2.0a3
This particular case has been investigated thoroughly and we have decided, in the interests of protecting the stability and features of Unity for users that rely upon the affected versions, to not address this fix. We understand that this will cause problems for some users, and fully intend for an existing, or forthcoming upgrade to provide the solution that you need.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] No button to add Platform support to installed Unity versions
- GameObject selection inside Prefab causes Editor lag/freeze
- Camera does not Render a Video Player when Cameras Culling Mask is set to anything except "Everything"
- [iOS][Editor]Legacy Launch Images iPhone 6.5 Landscape resolution mislabelled in Player Settings/Splash Image
- The Marker does not Run and gets Skipped when running in Reverse