Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Planned for 2021.2.X
Custom asset changes are not applied when modifying the asset in Play Mode
1. Open the attached project "UpdateIssue.zip"
2. Open the "Scenes > SampleScene" Scene
3. Enter Play Mode
4. Click "New Game"
5. Select "Assets > Script" in the Project panel
6. Edit the text on the 2nd line in the Inspector
7. Click "Apply" and observe the Game View
Expected result: Change is applied and visible
Actual result: Change is not visible
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0b1, 2021.2.0b4, 2022.1.0a2
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.29f1, 2020.3.14f1, 2021.1.15f1
Could not test with: 2018.4.36f1 (version does not support the asset), 2021.2.0a1, 2021.2.0a21 (project crashes or asset errors appear)
Note: not reproducible on macOS
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [LightProbes] Individual light probe gizmos are no longer visible
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Terrain Trees snap to random rotations when using a mixture of GPU Instancing and moving the Camera in Play Mode
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Player Input component help reference button does not link to docs