Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.9f1, 2022.2.0b2, 2023.1.0a3
Crunched Asset Bundle sprites are too bright when loaded from file in Play mode
How to reproduce:
1. Open the user's attached project "Bright-Sprite.zip"
2. Open the "SampleScene" scene
3. Enter Play mode or Build and Run
Expected result: Left Crunched image is displayed with set color scheme
Actual result: Left Crunched image is displayed as if its sRGB was turned off
Reproducible with: 2022.1.0a14, 2022.1.0f1, 2022.2.0a13
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.34f1, 2022.1.0a13
Reproduced on: macOS (Intel) Monterey 12.3.1
Note: Left image is not Crunched as it does not have its height/width size as a multiple of 4
Jul 05, 2022 14:45
It says fixed on 2023.1.0a3 but that is not even released yet. We would really like to use a Unity version with this bug fixed.
Jun 09, 2022 15:40
Please, fix this! Its stopping a lot of us on developing our stuff.
Jun 04, 2022 15:08
This is a very severe issue because it impacts all textures that get crunched when building. No matter what game or project you are doing, this causes the textures to appear bright.
I hope this will be prioritized so that developers can use the 2022 version of Unity. This bug is the only thing stopping us from updating to the latest Unity.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
- The Scene\Game view is grey when two "Universal Additional Camera Data" scripts are attached to the camera
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
Resolution Note (fix version 2023.1.0a3):
Fixed in: 2023.1.0a3
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.2.0b2):
Fixed in: 2022.2.0b2
Resolution Note (fix version 2022.1.9f1):
Fixed in: 2022.1.9f1