Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2018.4, 2019.2, 2019.3
Creating Assembly Definition Files makes the editor not pick up custom inspectors until restart
Introduced on 0a693dba0b96d124edf643ae7e6443d230849569 by https://ono.unity3d.com/unity/unity/pull-request/58414/_/asset-pipeline/mono-importer-remove-compilation-pipeline-dependency
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new Unity project
2. Import SabreCSG Package: https://github.com/sabresaurus/SabreCSG
3. Create CSG Model in a scene
4. Create Assembly Definition inside SabreCSG-masteder folder
5. Select CSGModel in the scene
Result: Errors pop up every time CSGModel or Cube Brush is selected:
Instance of CSGModelInspector couldn't be created. The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject and be placed in the Assets/Editor folder.
Instance of CSGBuildContextInspector couldn't be created. The script class needs to derive from ScriptableObject and be placed in the Assets/Editor folder.
Note: reimporting project fixes this problem.
Regression introduced in: 2018.2.0a1
Reproduced with: 2018.2.21f1, 2018.3.14f1, 2018.4.6f1, 2019.1.14f1, 2019.2.1f1, 2019.3.0a11.
Not reproduced with: 2017.4.31f1, 2018.1.9f2.
Note: in some versions, you need to select CSGModel or Cube Brush multiple times to receive errors.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Native object references for some object types are always 0 in the memory profiler
- Acute shadow acne when using two overlapping spotlights
- Raycast made on UI with multiple graphic Raycasters sort strangely when being on the same sorting layer and order
- Tabbed headers in editor windows need a style update
- [Android][IL2CPP] App crashes after executing Application.Quit