Search Issue Tracker
Crash when selecting a ScriptableObject asset with a referenced AssetReferenceT<>
1. Open the user's attached project
2. In the Project window, select the asset "New Test"
Expected result: The asset is selected
Actual result: The Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.3.4f1, 2022.2.0a15
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.35f1, 2021.1.28f1
Couldn't test with: 2021.2.0a1, 2021.2.0a17
Reproduced on: macOS 12.3.1 (Intel)
On 2020.3.35f1 and up until 2021.1.28f1 an error is thrown instead of crashing:
StackOverflowException: The requested operation caused a stack overflow.
System.RuntimeType.GetGenericArguments () (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
System.Type.get_GenericTypeArguments () (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
UnityEditor.AddressableAssets.Settings.AssetReferenceDrawerUtilities.GetGenericType (System.Type t) (at Library/PackageCachefirstname.lastname@example.org/Editor/Settings/AssetReferenceDrawerUtilities.cs:385)
May 03, 2023 18:43
I'm having the exact same issue with Unity 2022.2.16 & Addressables 1.21.10
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
There are no fixes planned for this Bug