Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Crash when calling "Rigidbody2D.ClosestPoint" on an inactive Rigidbody2D.
1. Open attached project "Physics2D_Closest_Crash_Project.zip" and scene "SampleScene"
2. Enter Play Mode
Expected result: Should not crash.
Actual result: Crashes.
The physics system is simply not checking if the underlying Box2D body is available or not i.e. checking if it's NULL. This issue has probably been around for many, many years.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Input Field ignores first keyboard input when calling Focus() from code
- GC Alloc when using Graphics.RenderMeshInstanced
- [VFX Graph][URP] VFX crashes on URP when dragging VFX asset to the Hierarchy window
- InvalidOperationException when using AsyncGPUReadback.RequestIntoNativeArray
- Generated Entities look different when Depth Priming Mode is changed
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Rigidbody2D.ClosestPoint now correctly checks for the underlying Box2D body before calculating the closest point.