Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.3.10f1, 2022.2.0b5, 2023.1.0a5
Crash on TcpProtobufClient::EndBatch when creating a Prefab and Cache Server is disconnected
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Open "Assets/Scenes/SampleScene" scene
3. Create a new GameObject "Cube"
4. Drag "Cube" into the Project window and create a Prefab
5. Drag "Dice" onto the newly created "Cube" prefab in the Project window
Expected result: Prefab is created
Actual result: The Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.3f1, 2022.1.0a12, 2021.2.19f1, 2021.3.3f1, 2022.1.0a12, 2022.1.1f1, 2022.2.0a16
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.39f1, 2020.3.35f1, 2021.2.2f1, 2022.1.0a11
- sometimes crash happens when closing the Editor after creating the Prefab
- sometimes it is needed to edit a Prefab and let it save
- some Editor versions throw an error: "Assertion failed on expression: 'it != m_SendMap.end()'"
========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================
0x00007FF7EA4FEFC7 (Unity) TcpProtobufClient::EndBatch
0x00007FF7EA3E41CC (Unity) <lambda_fe030eff2abaa4f9446954666c61e75a>::operator()
0x00007FF7EA4E07E2 (Unity) asio::detail::completion_handler<core::mutable_function<void __cdecl(void)> >::do_complete
0x00007FF7EA4E2A6D (Unity) asio::detail::win_iocp_io_service::do_one
0x00007FF7EA4E5E8E (Unity) asio::io_service::run
0x00007FF7EA4DEC81 (Unity) IOService::Run
0x00007FF7EA4DF7BB (Unity) IOService::Impl::ThreadFunction
0x00007FF7E8F113E7 (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
0x00007FFD1C297034 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFD1D202651 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- The Editor does not recognize button release when first releasing the "LShift" button and then "Numpad2"
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
Feb 21, 2023 10:07
Still Facing this issue in 2021.3
Jun 06, 2022 13:32
Happened in 2021.3.4f1
Edit -> Preferences -> Asset Pipeline ->Unity Accelerator (Cache Server)
I noticed that this was "Connection failed".
When I set it to "Disable", it no longer crashes.
Mar 28, 2022 09:54
Still happens in 2021.2.12f1
Mar 28, 2022 03:33
Please list this in the 2021.2 Known Issues.
And please fix it.
Mar 21, 2022 23:02
what version of 2021.2 is this fix in?