Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.1.X
Fixed in 2018.4.X, 2019.4.X, 2020.1.X, 2020.2.X
Crash on mono_class_fill_runtime_generic_context when entering Play Mode repeatedly
1. Open user's attached project
2. Open scene "Main"
3. Enter Play Mode
4. In the Game, press "Button", then "Run"
5. Press E to enter the rocket, move around with WASD and shoot with left-click
6. Exit Play Mode
7. Repeat steps 3-6 (reproducible 1/8 times)
-- observe crash
Reproducible with: 2019.4.6f1, 2020.1.1f1, 2020.2.0a20
Could not test with: 2018.4.26f1 (errors)
- Sometimes editor windows become blank and usually Unity crashes soon after.
- Sometimes Unity freezes while trying to enter Play Mode.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- NullReferenceException error thrown when changing Scenes in Play Mode
- Crash on "'anonymous namespace'::ConvertFBXShapes" when importing an FBX file
- Crash on Transform::RemoveFromParent when Object.DestroyImmediate() is called on Transform
- [Linux] Player consumes more CPU resources when it is running in the background
- Save process is triggered every time when prefab property values are changed by dragging
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.1):
Fixed issue where thread statics that reused thread static slots would not adhere to type alignment. This would cause the garbage collector to incorrectly clean up thread static data because it would only scan pointer aligned memory for references. This would lead to memory becoming corrupted and inducing random crashes.
Fixed in 2021.1.0a5
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0b14
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Fixed in 2020.1.14f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2019.4):
Fixed in 2019.4.15f1
Resolution Note (fix version 2018.4):
Fixed in 2018.4.30f1