Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.1.X
Fixed in 2021.2.X
Crash in CalculateSurfaceArea when enabling "Contribute Global Illumination" on a Mesh that is created by a compute shader
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Enter play mode in scene "NoiseField"
3. Enable "Contribute Global Illumination" on object "Visualizer"
Expected result: "Contribute Global Illumination" is enabled
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2021.2.0a18, 2021.2.0b1
Could not test with: 2018.4, 2019.4, 2020.3, 2021.1, 2021.2.0a17 (Errors in console, can't enter play mode)
Seems to be related to the new Mesh API introduced in 2021.2.0a18
0x00007ff679d6118a (Unity) CalculateSurfaceArea
0x00007ff679d54f87 (Unity) MeshRenderer::GetCachedSurfaceArea
0x00007ff67988e207 (Unity) InternalMeshUtil_CUSTOM_GetCachedMeshSurfaceArea
0x000001f55d07f5a1 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.InternalMeshUtil:GetCachedMeshSurfaceArea (UnityEngine.MeshRenderer)
0x000001f55d07dbdb (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.RendererLightingSettings:LightmapScaleGUI (bool,UnityEngine.GUIContent,bool)
0x000001f55aaa2bd3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.RendererLightingSettings:RenderSettings (bool)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Standard Unity Materials and Shaders become corrupted after importing specific Asset Packages
- [Linux][OpenGL][Vulkan] Draw calls are not shown in the Event List when taking a capture of a frame with RenderDoc
- Inaccurate collision detections when Rigidbody Collision Detection is set to "Continuous" or "Continuous Dynamic"
- Crash on Object::IncrementPersistentDirtyIndex when upgrading project version
- [iOS] Multiple Xcode project instances created before opens up when performing Build and Run for iOS Platform