Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2021.2.X
[Android] Crash: Signal 11 due to null pointer dereference on Android device when using OpenGLES3
1. Open the user's attached project
2. Build and Run
Expected result: app builds and runs successfully
Actual result: Editor crashes
Reproducible with: 2020.1.0a11, 2020.3.2f1, 2021.1.0f1, 2021.2.0a10
Not reproducible with: 2019.4.23f1
Can't test with: 2018.4.33f1 (errors in the console when building), 2020.1.0a9 (errors in the console related to Test Framework package)
VLNQA00001, Google Pixel 2, Android 11, CPU: Snapdragon 835 MSM8998, GPU: Adreno (TM) 540
VLNQA00277, Asus ROG Phone, Android: 8.1.0, CPU: Snapdragon 845 SDM845, GPU: Adreno (TM) 630
VLNQA00006, Samsung Galaxy S7, Android: 8.0.0, CPU: Exynos 8 Octa 8890, GPU: Mali-T880
VLNQA00121, Samsung Galaxy S9, Android: 9, CPU: Exynos 9 Series 9810, GPU: Mali-G72
Not reproducible with:
iPhone 12 Pro (iOS 14.2.1)
- Cannot test lower than 2020.1.0a11 as errors related to the Test Framework package pop up. Removing the package breaks the project
- 2020.1 error: Library\PackageCache\email@example.com\UnityEditor.TestRunner\TestLaunchers\PlatformSetup\SwitchPlatformSetup.cs(10,37): error CS0117: 'EditorUserBuildSettings' does not contain a definition for 'switchNVNDrawValidation_Heavy'
- No crash when using Vulkan
Oct 19, 2021 08:07
Sorry but why it's not fixed in 2021? We can't build the game because of this and cant release it. This is very critical issue, it must be fixed on 2021.1.
Jun 07, 2021 09:24
Is this coming to 2021.1 too? getting the same crash and fixed it by using vulkan, although opengles3 is the preferred api for better device coverage
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Preview is broken when the Sprite is too tall or too wide
- Objects are invisible in Scene view when using Wireframe Shading Mode
- The property of a component becomes read-only when it is bound to "PropertyStreamHandle"
- Physics.Raycast does not work when used on the whole model
- Shader Graph changes the Position of Prefab instances in Play mode
Resolution Note (fix version 2021.2):
Fixed in 2021.2.0a17