Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2022.2.X
Crash in SerializedProperty Enum in when class name repeated in different namespaces
Load attached project
Add SerializeReferenceEnumCrash MonoBehaviour to a GameObject
The crash occurs in GetFieldIdentifierForEnum(),as the code tries to determine the path for a field to see if it is an enum, in a very specific scenario.
This only occurs when the Class containing the enum field is embedded (by-value) inside another Class of exactly the same name, but with a different namespace.
A workaround is to use [SerializeReference] instead of by-value serialization for the inner class, because Unity will be track it independently of the enclosing type.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Lighting Data asset is not created when baking multiple Scenes at the same time
- Performance issues when instantiating a recognizer under UnityEngine.Windows.Speech
- Build fails with "Exception: Unity.IL2CPP.Building.BuilderFailedException: Build failed with 0 successful nodes and 0 failed ones" when building the project for iOS
- [Android] .aab Build fails when using Asset Bundles
- Builds fail without a useful error message when building a project with invalid product name