Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Fixed in 2018.3.X
Crash in CalculateSurfaceArea after opening the project with certain mesh
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project.
Project opens without crashes.
Regression introduced in Unity 2018.2.0b10.
Last calls from the stacktrace:
0x0000000140843914 (Unity) CalculateSurfaceArea
0x0000000140843325 (Unity) CalculateNormalizedLightmapArea
0x0000000140833D39 (Unity) MeshRenderer::GetCachedNormalizedLightmapArea
0x0000000141147FA5 (Unity) AddInstance
0x000000014114EA78 (Unity) ExtractGIInstances
0x0000000141162911 (Unity) GISceneManager::GetGeometries
- Reproducible in 2018.2.5f1, 2018.2.0b10;
- Not reproducible in 2018.3.0a9, 2018.2.0b9, 2018.1.9f1, 2017.4.9f1, 2017.2.3p3;
- Reproducible on Windows and OSX;
- Opening the project in 2018.3.0b9 and earlier fixes the issue;
- In the latest 2018.3 reference to the prefab that's causing the bug is broken, so the bug might be masked out in this version.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Atlas remains loaded in memory after scene change or unloading assets
- Decompressing a DeflateStream under IL2CPP misses a few bytes
- Referred style sheet stays dirty after saving when using the UIBuilder
- The Height map Amplitude is not working when using HDRP/LayeredLit
- Infinite inertial tensor rotation values are not discarded (both AB and RB)