Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in Unity 2017.3
'Could not create texture' error is shown after importing texture
Steps to repro:
1. Open attached project;
2. In the Project folder multiselect four Rock texture files by using Shift-click;
3. Right mouse and click 'Reimport'.
Texture is reimported without errors.
'Could not create texture from Assets/Rock_AO.png: File could not be read'
are thrown. See attached screenshot.
- Reproducible in 2017.1.0b4, 5.6.0p4, 5.5.2p1;
- Reproducible on OSX 10.12.3 and Windows 10;
- Reproducible only for these specific texture files, not reproducible for other textures;
- There is no valid workaround for this issue. Tried lots of things, like reimporting, deleting/restoring, etc.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- TilemapRenderer sorting order is not consistent with different images
- [Shape] Investigate possibility of decreasing the min shape emitter size below 0.01
- "Cancelling DisplayDialog.." error is being thrown when entering the play mode after AssetBundle.Unload(false)
- Unable to pause AudioListener via UI button
- [iOS] Crash in 'main(argc=1, argv=0x000000016fd8f998) at main.mm:33' when microphone permissions are toggled manually