Search Issue Tracker
CopyTexture() throws an error when copying compressed Texture
How to reproduce:
1. Open the "SampleScene" in the attached project "case_1172610-Graphics_Bug"
2. Make sure that "copyTextureFailure" Texture in the project Assets folder is compressed
3. Press "Play"
Expected results: CopyTexture() will replace goblin's torso texture with compressed texture
Actual results: An error is thrown
Reproducible with: 2017.4.31f1, 2018.4.5f1, 2019.1.13f1, 2019.2.0f1, 2019.3.0a11
1. It was tested using different graphics APIs. Here are the errors received:
DX11/DX12: "Graphics.CopyTexture can only copy between same texture format groups (d3d11/d3d12 base formats: src=76 dst=27)"
OpenGLCore: "Graphics.CopyTexture can only copy between same texture format groups (OpenGL internal formats: src=33779, blockSize=16 ; dst=32856,
OpenGLCore: Does not reproduce, works as expected without any errors
2. Compression quality does not affect the outcome
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [Hub] Editor is shown in the "Installing" state indefinitely when the installation fails due to INVALID_DESTINATION error
- Searching packages on an ill-configured scoped registry targeting Google Unity API registry throws an error
- Not possible to deduce the source of 'Shader properties can't be added to this global property sheet.' error
- [MacOS] Mouse input gets interrupted when changing values in inspector by dragging mouse
- Adding/removing components expands collapsed components view in the Inspector window