Search Issue Tracker
Compute shader cannot compile when using for loops on a big static array
1. Open project "ComputeShaderLoop"
2. If you don't immediately see the errors, open Scripts/MeshGenerator and click "Show compiled code" in the Inspector
Expected result: No errors are shown and the script compiles
Actual result: These errors are shown and the script doesn't compile:
"Shader Compiler IPC Exception: Terminating shader compiler process"
"Shader compiler: Compile MeshGenerator.compute - MarchingCubes: Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log."
"Shader error in 'MeshGenerator': Compiling MarchingCubes: Internal error communicating with the shader compiler process. Please report a bug including this shader and the editor log."
Reproducible with: 2019.4.31f1, 2020.3.20f1, 2021.1.24f1, 2021.2.0b15, 2022.1.0a13
- In the "MeshGenerator" script when uncommenting lines 316-328 and commenting out the for loop, the bug is not reproducible
- If the size of the "triTable" array is 254 or lower, the bug is not reproducible
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Superluminal fails to resolve symbols after mono upgrade
- Windows Standalone player builds with Mono scripting backend don't run on fresh windows installs
- RootEditor predicate for GameObjects disables Drag and Drop in the Scene View
- Slider OnValueChanged event is not called when changing value from the Inspector
- [Static Analysis] Defect 672865 in Modules/QuickSearch/Editor/QueryEngine/QueryToken.cs