Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Compression is not performed on AssetBundles using BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle()
When building AssetBundle's using the legacy method BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle(), using Unity 5.3.X, the created AssetBundles no longer performs Lzma compression on the AssetBundle on build platforms other than WebPlayer and WebGL.
Compression works on 5.2.4f1, 5.1.0f3, 5.2.0f3 and 5.2.2p3.
Compression fails on 5.3.0f4, 5.3.2p2 and 5.3.4f1.
1. Open attached project "Legacy AssetBundles.zip".
2. Using the menu bar select "Assets/Build AssetBundle/Build Streamed Scene/Compressed" to create an AssetBundle of the scene "main" using compression. After this is created previously the progress bar would say "Performing Lzma compression", this no longer occurs.
2. Using the menu bar select "Assets/Build AssetBundle/Build Streamed Scene/Uncompressed" to create an AssetBundle of the scene "main" using BuildOptions.UncompressedAssetBundle.
3. Observe that the Compressed AssetBundle has the same size as the Uncompressed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Reflection Probe doesn't load until it's selected in the Hierarchy window when the project has been opened
- "ArgumentNullException" error in the Console when selecting certain ScriptableObjects and entering Play Mode
- Configurable joints become bouncier when setting "Bounciness" below 1
- Prefabs get corrupted when editing Particle System curves
- Colors on images become darker when enabling "Vertex Color Always in Gamma Color Space"