Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Compression is not performed on AssetBundles using BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle()
When building AssetBundle's using the legacy method BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle(), using Unity 5.3.X, the created AssetBundles no longer performs Lzma compression on the AssetBundle on build platforms other than WebPlayer and WebGL.
Compression works on 5.2.4f1, 5.1.0f3, 5.2.0f3 and 5.2.2p3.
Compression fails on 5.3.0f4, 5.3.2p2 and 5.3.4f1.
1. Open attached project "Legacy AssetBundles.zip".
2. Using the menu bar select "Assets/Build AssetBundle/Build Streamed Scene/Compressed" to create an AssetBundle of the scene "main" using compression. After this is created previously the progress bar would say "Performing Lzma compression", this no longer occurs.
2. Using the menu bar select "Assets/Build AssetBundle/Build Streamed Scene/Uncompressed" to create an AssetBundle of the scene "main" using BuildOptions.UncompressedAssetBundle.
3. Observe that the Compressed AssetBundle has the same size as the Uncompressed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags
- Inspector Asset Bundle section has no indication for Variants, AssetBundle is written without a space, and Variant dropdown menu is available without setting the Asset Bundle first
- Graphics.DrawProceduralIndirect and Graphics.DrawProceduralNow silently dropped on DX12