Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 5.4.0
Compression is not performed on AssetBundles using BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle()
When building AssetBundle's using the legacy method BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle(), using Unity 5.3.X, the created AssetBundles no longer performs Lzma compression on the AssetBundle on build platforms other than WebPlayer and WebGL.
Compression works on 5.2.4f1, 5.1.0f3, 5.2.0f3 and 5.2.2p3.
Compression fails on 5.3.0f4, 5.3.2p2 and 5.3.4f1.
1. Open attached project "Legacy AssetBundles.zip".
2. Using the menu bar select "Assets/Build AssetBundle/Build Streamed Scene/Compressed" to create an AssetBundle of the scene "main" using compression. After this is created previously the progress bar would say "Performing Lzma compression", this no longer occurs.
2. Using the menu bar select "Assets/Build AssetBundle/Build Streamed Scene/Uncompressed" to create an AssetBundle of the scene "main" using BuildOptions.UncompressedAssetBundle.
3. Observe that the Compressed AssetBundle has the same size as the Uncompressed.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- If a windowed list expands across the whole screen, mouse wheel and keyboard jump doesn't work on PC
- [iOS] Point Light reflection disappears when material metal smoothness is above 0.91
- [Animation] Animation Clips are populated from the Animator, but not the Animation Component
- [Mobile] Using "RGB(A) Compressed ASTC" Compressor Quality produces artifacts
- Resources.UnloadUnusedAssets does not unload unused Asset Bundle assets before the Asset Bundle itself is unloaded