Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2017.2.0f3
Fixed in 2017.1.X
Shader using UsePass does not recompile when referenced shader is changed
How to reproduce:
1. Import users attached assets (Source shader, UsePass shader and a material)
2. Notice that Console produces two errors regarding Shader syntax. One for "ExampleSourceShader", another for "ExampleUsePass" shader that references to "ExampleSourceShader"
3. Fix the Source shader syntax error (uncomment 11th line of "ExampleSourceShader")
Expected result: Both errors are gone, since Source shader syntax error is fixed
Actual result: "ExampleUsePass" is still shown as having a syntax error in Shader, although its refrenced shader was fixed
1. Reimporting "ExampleUsePass" shader fixes the issue
2. Only reproduces if "ExampleUsePass" shader is used by material
Regression introduced in - 2017.1.0a3
Reproducible - 2017.2.0a3, 2017.1.0b9, 2017.1.0a3
Not reproducible - 2017.1.0a2, 5.6.1p3, 5.5.4f1
Fixed in 2017.3
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [iOS] Back Triple Camera is not focusing manually and automatically
- Mouse inputs cannot be inputted when searching the Shortcuts Menu by type "Shortcut"
- "Debug Assertion Failed!" error when launching Windows Dedicated Server Player with Script Debugging enabled
- [Cinematic Studio][3D HDRP] Shader warnings thrown in the Console window when creating a new project with Cinematic Studio template
- Autoplay is triggered on Audio Assets when changing Asset Bundle tags