Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Command line -logFile with no parameters outputs to screen on OS X but not on Windows
Steps to reproduce:
1. Find attached project in command line Windows
2. Launch Unity with parameters -batchmode -quit -logFile
3. Notice that in -logFile we didn't input any path for the log file to be saved
4. Observe nothing being output
5. Repeat process in terminal on Mac OS
6. Observe logFile being output to terminal
Expected behaviour: The command should function the same on both Mac OS and Windows
Actual behaviour: No output in Windows, while Mac OS outputs the logFile to the terminal
Reproduces on 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0f2, 5.5.3p1
Notes: This behaviour is likely due to no handlers existing for -logFile command with no parameters.
Notes: The output is written in Windows, but it defaults to a location that the user probably doesn't expect: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Unity\Editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- "Unexpected exception System.DllNotFoundException" error thrown in the Console window when creating a project with 2D (URP) Template
- [Backport] [XR SDK] [HDRP] XRSettings.gameViewRenderMode does not change Game View Render Mode
- [Backport] [Android][Vulkan] Crash on Samsung Note8 while running gfx tests
- [Backport] Wrong sorting for "GC Alloc" column in Show Related Objects panel of Profiler Window
- [Backport] [iOS] Unfreed allocation errors thrown in Console when executing Build And Run with iOS platform