Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.1.X
Command line -logFile with no parameters outputs to screen on OS X but not on Windows
Steps to reproduce:
1. Find attached project in command line Windows
2. Launch Unity with parameters -batchmode -quit -logFile
3. Notice that in -logFile we didn't input any path for the log file to be saved
4. Observe nothing being output
5. Repeat process in terminal on Mac OS
6. Observe logFile being output to terminal
Expected behaviour: The command should function the same on both Mac OS and Windows
Actual behaviour: No output in Windows, while Mac OS outputs the logFile to the terminal
Reproduces on 2017.1.0b1, 5.6.0f3, 5.6.0f2, 5.5.3p1
Notes: This behaviour is likely due to no handlers existing for -logFile command with no parameters.
Notes: The output is written in Windows, but it defaults to a location that the user probably doesn't expect: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Unity\Editor.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Sprite Editor Window not visualizing changes when selecting different Filter Modes
- Crash on UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset:InternalCreatePipeline () when opening a project
- The Texture Shape of an Image changes from 2D to a Cube when the project is upgraded to 2019 and above
- Building 3D Sample Scenes (URP) Project fails
- Alpha channel is disabled when Alpha Clip Threshold is set to 0