Search Issue Tracker
Colliders are not updating to match attached gameObject location
Colliders are not updating to match attached gameObject location. After their object is stored and returned from a pool (reparenting, deactivating and re-activating the gameObject in the process) they become stuck at the location they were at when first activated. The collider gizmo does not reflect this.
1. Download attached project "WoP Bugreport.zip" and open in Unity
2. Open "bug_example" scene and enter Play mode
Note: Enable gizmos in the game view for better visual cues to raycasting
3. Using a gamepad navigate the player character to the weapon on the ground and pick it up using the 'B' button (XBOX controller)
4. Use the 'X' button (XBOX controller) to fire the weapon at the enemy, killing them and causing them to return to the pool.
- The enemies spawn one at a time from a pool of 10 total.
- After the 10th enemy has been dispatched they will start recycling. At this point observe that both the aim assist feature and the collision of projectiles confirm the enemy's collider remains at their initial spawn point as they move about.
- By selecting the enemy in the hierarchy and disabling/enabling their sphere collider, observe that it moves to the latest position of the game object but does not update.
- Workaround: By adjusting any property of the sphere collider, observe that the collider now begins to follow the game object as would normally be expected
- This issue appears on Unity Editor and Standalone Build
Reproduced on Unity 2017.2.0f3 and 2017.2.0p1
Not reproduced on Unity 2018.1.0a2
Could not check for regression on Unity 2017.1 and 2017.3 because XBOX Controller does not work for some reason
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Default Scripting Backend in Universal Render Pipeline template is set to il2cpp
- Texture importer assigns wrong texture compression formats to lightmap textures
- Unity crashes when opening the project
- Lightmap Encoding Quality settings do not apply to Shadowmask textures
- [UIR] Lines separating packages wiggle in Packman at 150%