Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when Assets folder is selected when Project Browser in One Column Layout
ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when Assets folder is selected after restoring a previous version of project. Refer the attached video.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project
2) In Project Browser, click on the options icon next to the lock icon at the top right, and change from the default Two Column Layout to One Column Layout.
3) Double click on the Assets folder in project browser
Actual result: ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown on console.
Expected result: No exception is thrown in console.
Occurring on : 2019.3.0a2, 2019.2.0a14, 2019.2.0a12
Working fine on: 2019.2.0a11
Environment: Both Windows and Mac
Exception thrown while invoking [OnOpenAssetAttribute] method 'Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor:OnOpenAsset (int,int,int)' : ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)
System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)
Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.OnOpenAsset (System.Int32 instanceID, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:50)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- 'Can't add script' pop-up warns about abstract classes when dragging static classes onto GameObjects
- [Hub] Project "Remove from list" option is behind notifications when selecting the most bottom project in the list
- [Android][Vulkan] Black Screen renders on devices with Adreno 640 and Mali GPU's
- Sound/Audio is played when the VideoPlayer's attached AudioSource game object is disabled
- Editor crashes on GenerateSharedVerticesIndexList when importing .3ds file