Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2019.3
ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when Assets folder is selected when Project Browser in One Column Layout
ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown when Assets folder is selected after restoring a previous version of project. Refer the attached video.
Steps to reproduce:
1) Create a new project
2) In Project Browser, click on the options icon next to the lock icon at the top right, and change from the default Two Column Layout to One Column Layout.
3) Double click on the Assets folder in project browser
Actual result: ArgumentOutOfRangeException is thrown on console.
Expected result: No exception is thrown in console.
Occurring on : 2019.3.0a2, 2019.2.0a14, 2019.2.0a12
Working fine on: 2019.2.0a11
Environment: Both Windows and Mac
Exception thrown while invoking [OnOpenAssetAttribute] method 'Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor:OnOpenAsset (int,int,int)' : ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex cannot be larger than length of string.
Parameter name: startIndex
System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex, System.Int32 length) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)
System.String.Substring (System.Int32 startIndex) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)
Unity.CodeEditor.CodeEditor.OnOpenAsset (System.Int32 instanceID, System.Int32 line, System.Int32 column) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CodeEditor/CodeEditor.cs:50)
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Video won't play at start of scene
- Material error appears when changing Atlas Render Mode for fonts
- Editor throws a console error every time the layout it reset
- Crash on physx::NpShapeManager::findSceneQueryData when entering Play Mode
- Single RenderTexture leak when scattering texture using ScatterAlphamap/EndPaintHeightmap