Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.2.X
Fixed in 2020.1.X
[Code Stripping] Standalone builds fail with 'UnityLinker.exe' errors when making development builds with code stripping enabled
1. Open the user's attached project ("Core.zip")
2. Try making a Standalone Development build with code stripping enabled
Expected result: Build succeeds without errors
Actual result: Build fails with UnityLinker errors
Reproducible with: 2019.3.14f1, 2020.1.0b9, 2020.2.0a11
Couldn't test with 2018.4 (errors after downgrade)
1. The issue does not reproduce on empty projects
2. Release IL2CPP builds are built without issues
3. Release Mono builds are built without issues regardless of code stripping settings
4. Development IL2CPP/Mono builds with code stripping enabled reproduces the issue
5. On 2019.3 branch, only IL2CPP builds are affected
Oct 22, 2020 11:00
if 2019.4 was supposed to be LTS why dont they fix it on that one?
Aug 21, 2020 10:28
I also have this problem yet in 2020.1.2f1 version.
May 31, 2020 21:35
Hi, is there anyway we could get a fix for Unity 2019.3
May 12, 2020 18:09
So, I have this problem on WebGL and iOS builds. When I create a game for Android, Unity uses Mono, and everything works fine. But for the other two, only IL2CPP mode is required, in which a UnityLinker error occurs. The support manager said in response to my bugreport that everything works fine for him. However, based on the logs, some files on my machine are missing. Unfortunately, I could not find out which files are missing and why they are not installed with Unity.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Static constructor in a struct returns false when running tests with IL2CPP
- Console throws warnings and a MissingReferenceException error for XR packages when doing a clean project import
- [Linux][IL2CPP] Dedicated server crashes when calling Socket.Send
- [2D URP] Documentation link on 3D Renderer Data doesn't work
- Depth is not rendered in a depth-only camera which is set up by a custom script
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.2):
Fixed in 2020.2.0a13
Resolution Note (fix version 2020.1):
Scripting: Correct an error in the UnityLinker with System.Text.Json.dll is used.
Fixed in 2020.1.7f1