Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 1.1-preview.3
Found in [Package]
Cloning ActionMap through JSON converts empty paths to NULL which is not allowed
When adding a binding to an InputActionMap, there is a check to make sure the binding's path is not null:
In order to add a placeholder binding that will be bound later, the path can be set to an empty string instead.
However, if the asset (or even just the map) is cloned through json, any empty strings in the bindings are converted to null when they are loaded.
This results in a map that has a binding with a null path, which isn't supposed to be allowed.
--open attached project
--open Test Runner window
--run the test
--NOTICE it fails
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- [HDRP] SUCCEEDED(hr) error is thrown when the project's Shadows Filtering Quality is set to High or Very High
- With specific Windows 10 settings, the player window resolution does not match the values passed into Screen.SetResolution()
- Material leaks memory when using PostProcess-Layer
- [URP] Adreno GPU is not getting the required vertex data
- [DX12] ShaderData.VariantCompileInfo.ShaderData contains 38 extra bytes on DirectX 12
Resolution Note (fix version 1.1-preview.3):
Fixed by https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/InputSystem/pull/1237.