Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2020.1
Fixed in 2019.3
Changing the product name does not automatically change the name of build's executable when selecting "Build And Run"
How to reproduce:
1. Create a new project or open an existing one
2. Build and run the project
2. Open Player Settings (Edit -> Project Settings - > Player)
3. Change the Product Name value in the Player Settings
4. Build and run the project
Expected result: The name of the build executable file is the same as the product name
Actual result: The name of the build stays the same as the old product name
Reproducible with: 2018.4.16f1, 2019.3.0f6, 2020.1.0a21
The issue does not reproduce on Unity 2017.4, as the executable name is chosen when building instead of being the same as product name.
The issue is only reproducible when selecting "Build And Run".
A possible workaround is to delete the Library folder, this way the name will change on new builds.
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- Renaming a Scene deletes its GameObjects when a Scene with that name was already deleted
- Crash on GameObject::ActivateAwakeRecursively when exiting Play Mode
- [Asset Bundles] Bundles are not cached when using certain request URLs
- [URP] Color correction effects are applied to overlay camera when only being added to the base camera
- Ribbon trail with Attach Ribbons To Transform checked and Simulation Space property set to World is attached to (0,0,0) position