Search Issue Tracker
Fixed in 2018.1.X
Changes to the UI Image material color doesn't show up when the Image is masked
1. Open the project, attached by the user (Shader Mask Bug.zip)
2. Open the "Test" scene
3. Enter Play mode
4. Press Random Color button
5. Press Toggle Mask button a few times
Expected: changes to UI elements material show up on screen even when the element is masked with UI Mask
Reproduce in 5.6.5f1, 2017.1.3p1, 2017.2.1p3, 2017.3.0p4, 2018.1.0b5
By design: masked materials are copies of the original material with additional properties added through code. Setting the color on the original will not propagate through to the copy and we don't want to create the copy every frame due to performance costs "just in case the original has changed"
All about bugs
View bugs we have successfully reproduced, and vote for the bugs you want to see fixed most urgently.
- When the project name contains a ";" character, the editor crashes while creating a script.
- New Cubemap is inserted at the end of the array when baking an individual Probe
- Crash on GfxTaskExecutorD3D12::AddRequiredResourceBarriers when opening the project
- WebGL build fails with a UnicodeDecodeError
- MSB3073 error is thrown when building App Packages in Visual Studio